Sunday, June 1, 2008

The origin of Myself

Have you ever experienced a time of loneliness, a world without love, a day of hopelessness?? To say the truth, humans will somehow experience that ''world of darkness'' at least once a while. You flunk the test, your girlfriend eloped with your best friend on your wedding day, you lost your job, or etc etc.

I myself had went through an odyssey of loneliness in my whole 18 years. I had underwent a different childhood most children would never experience. How much things i had faced, how depression and dejection were always at my doorstep and i always had to walk through that journey of pain whilst still a kiddo.

And that was the time when i finally realized the existence of SOMEONE who loves me dearly till the ends of the earth. And His name is...none other than Jesus. The origin of all love and mercy.

I know it sounds vague. I was experiencing the brink of death (just a hyperbole) residing in a God-forsaken world, and i am saying that's where i discovered the love of God? It may sound ridiculous to some. NORMALLY, while the world shatters all around him, the first person one would blame and curse would be God.

This is the World. One believes in God while he is in paradise, with money to fling and girls to flirt, and while he falls into the bottom of abyss, doubts and disbelieves start to sprout and blossom in the heart and began to root deeper and deeper..

However, in my case, i chose to believe in this person called Jesus instead. I chose to be positive and optimistic over what happened, and i believe i can always find hope in the midst of hopelessness, if only i could expand my sight into the depth of the horizon. There is always a purpose and reason over anything that happened.

Just as how gold is refined through fire, character can only be shaped through suffering, difficulty and trials... And that is how i am able to be what i am today. Believe in this, that no matter what you face,

God says, ''I will never leave nor forsake you". Hebrew 13:5.

No comments: